Senior Paralegal - Sciaccas
The Sciaccas Team – The Big Difference
We are committed to the pursuit of social justice.
Established as a law firm in Queensland more that forty years ago, we have a strong tradition of delivering quality legal services without compromise on quality, fairness or equity. We always do what is right, not what is convenient or expedient at the time.
From humble beginnings, we’ve grown to become one of the state’s premier law firms, working to achieve solutions which meet our clients’ needs. Our firm’s growth continues as we attract newer team members to join us in our efforts to help our clients find the best solutions within the boundaries of fairness and equity.
We have a full-time, 12 month maternity leave opportunity for an outstanding contributor to join us as a Senior Paralegal in our Brisbane CBD-based office.
Note that although this is a 12 month contract initially, opportunities for extension or permanency exist for the right candidate.
- Assist Solicitors with the day-to-day operations of files/client management and handling claims
- Be the first point of contact for clients
- Prepare matters for conference and hearing including preparation of court documents, legal documents and general correspondence
- Correspond, brief and liaise with Counsel, medical practitioners and other experts
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships both internally and external to the organisation
- Assist clients with their enquiries
- Manage complex databases of information
Key Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3+ years' experience in a paralegal role within the Personal Injury space
- Strong written skills in drafting legal documentation and other correspondence
- Client service oriented, with excellent communication skills
- Well refined organisational skills, with excellent attention to detail
- Good understanding of pre-court and court processes
- Strong MS Office skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and show great commitment
- Comfortable to work under pressure when needed
- Demonstrated experience in motor vehicle accidents and workers' compensation will make your application competitive
What We Offer
We have cemented a reputation that is second to none for providing excellent legal services and we have represented our clients on some of the country’s most interesting and challenging issues at all levels of the justice system, including a number of High Court challenges.
Sciaccas Lawyers offers a culture where our team members take great pride in their legal skills and positioning at the forefront of their chosen practice areas.
- a genuinely collaborative and enjoyable team environment with high employee retention
- access to strong, long-term client relationships
We look forward to receiving your application.