Come and right wrong with us. Shine Lawyers is a non-traditional law firm committed to providing justice for our clients and standing up for the little guy. We’re a national team of 650+ dedicated, professional people who enjoy coming in each day to help make a difference.
Part of the wider People and Culture team, the Learning & Development team is dedicated to building capability within Shine, by enabling and empowering our people through effective knowledge, and learning and leadership initiatives and practices. We currently have an opportunity for an Instructional Designer to join Shine in our Brisbane CBD head office for a full-time, 12 month fixed term contract basis, to create relevant and engaging learning solutions that contribute to the organisation achieving its strategic capability priorities and objectives.
Reporting to the Senior L & D Business Partner, in this role you will analyse, design, develop and maintain capability uplift programs for audiences across Shine, especially in support of key strategic initiatives including our Branch Manager Development Program, and our Legal Technical Training Program. You’ll apply contemporary learning design methodologies to develop, implement and evaluate innovative and engaging learning solutions and resources, including Learner Guides, Facilitator Guides for face-to-face and online delivery, supporting materials including video walkthroughs, roles plays and simulations, and competency-based assessment and evaluation tools.
Your outstanding ability to build rapport and gain a reputation as a trusted advisor will see you working closely with SME’s to develop high impact capability uplift programs and solutions. Shine is renowned for being innovative, agile and dynamic so you will need to be flexible, resilient and able to manage competing priorities within a fast-paced corporate environment.
Required Skills and Experience
- Significant demonstrated experience in instructional design, especially the development of blended learning solutions across classroom (physical and virtual), web, video, etc.
- The ability to quickly analyse learning needs, identify appropriate learning solutions and rapidly develop engaging and effective learning materials for deployment across a variety of delivery channels.
- A strong understanding of, and practical experience applying, adult learning principles, specifically within a corporate and professional services environment.
- Detailed knowledge and experience in at least one of the following subject areas is essential:
- Business Management & Leadership Development
- Legal Practice Skills Development (Personal Injury, Workers Compensation, Abuse Law, etc)
- An analytical mind, with the ability to quickly assimilate complex information and concepts.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Project management experience, and strong computer literacy
- Multimedia and graphic design capability including experience using tools such as Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Camtasia and other multimedia applications would be advantageous, but not essential
- Demonstrated experience developing effective and engaging SCORM compliant eLearning solutions using authoring tools such as Captivate or Articulate is desirable.
- Facilitation skills are desirable, yet not essential
- Formal qualifications in adult learning or instructional design are desirable, but not essential for success
What We Offer
An ASX listed company with great aspirations, growing into more emerging practice areas and new geographic regions. Our search is for like-minded people, passionate about righting wrong and putting the client at the heart of all they do. We offer:
- Opportunity to reach your potential
- Competitive remuneration and incentive program
- A progressive and supportive working environment
We look forward to receiving your application.